With the release of every new iPhone begins the huge waiting lines to grab one. Quite obvious! Because of the range of smart features and apps iPhones offer, they are worth investing. While you might know a lot about the iPhone you are using, we are sure there are certain surprising and interesting facts about Apple you are unaware of.
We’ve compiled a few facts about iPhones and the top iOS app development company, Apple.
1. iPhone Before Apple’s iPhone – You might feel amazed to know that before Apple ever released the iPhone, the name was already patented by the Cisco Systems. In fact, they litigated Apple for naming its smartphone as ‘iPhone’. The first iPhone by Cisco was a VoIP phone, which allowed users to make Skype calls without using a computer. Ultimately, both the companies reached an agreement, and have kept their rights to the name.
2. iPhone was conceptualized in late 1980s – Back in 1983, the developer of Apple computer, Hartmut Esslinger idealized a landline phone that had features somewhat similar to today’s iPhone and iPad with a stylus-controlled interface. Though, the design was never developed into a real iPhone, it’s surprising that Apple had iPhone ideas years ago. Just imagine, how the iPhone landscape and custom iPhone app development would look if that old prototype in 1983 had been released.
3. Bono exist in every iPhone – If you look closely to your iPhone, you’ll find that the artist’s icon in your Music app is originally a silhouette of Bono Vertigo – the U2 singer.
4. The App Store was the first place to download an iOS app legally – One of the most astonishing facts about Apple was the App Store, which was the only place to download free or paid iOS apps legally.
5. Samsung Manufactures iPhone’s Processors – Now this might surprise you greatly. While it is true that Samsung and Apple are arch rivals in the smartphone field, they both are partnered with each other. Apple has given Samsung the contract to make its computer chips.
6. 700 iPhones sold by far – Last year in March, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that Apple has sold nearly 700 million iPhones. Reports on Apple’s earnings suggest that growing iPhone sales may soon touch 800 million.
7. Texting became the trend with iPhones – Over 22% of people believe that sending a SMS is far better than calling. It started when Apple presented SMS.
8. iPhone was the Invention of the Year – Seeing the popularity of Apple iPhone, the Time Magazine named it as the “Invention of the Year” in 2007. It was indeed a revolutionary development.
9. The iPhone was named Purple – In the early days when the iPhone was being engineered, the nickname for the new phone was named as “Purple”. Even the iPhone section at the Apple headquarters was called “Purple Dorm” by the developers.
10. 2 Million iPhone apps – According to the reports, there are over 2 million iOS apps available in the Apple app store (as of June 2016). With this, the Apple app store becomes the second largest app store after Android, which has over 2. 2 million apps. This also makes Apple as the top iOS app development company.
11. iPhone 4 names Antennagate – The new metal design of iPhone 4 caused extensive problems among the users when it was found that calls were getting disconnected on holding the phone in a certain way. Because of its severity, it earned the name of Antennagate.
12. Steve Jobs pranked with Starbucks – It was in 2007 when Apple was introduced for the first time by CEO Steve Jobs. He made a prank call to Starbucks and ordered over 4,000 lattes and cancelled it immediately. This was certainly a good thing for the barista who took that call.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9597141